Rock Climbing in Northern Vermont
Tough Schist is the first guidebook to document decades of rock climbing exploration and route development in the Green Mountain State.
The book includes backcountry cliffs, roadside crags, alpine rock climbs, and gives detailed information for those interested in sport climbing, trad climbing and bouldering.
It includes all major climbing areas in northern Vermont on public or protected lands including Bolton, Marshfield Ledge, Wheeler Mountain, the Northeast Kingdom, Deer Leap, Smugglers' Notch, Prospect Rock, and more.
- Over 500 routes and variations
- 23 climbing areas
- 60+ boulder problems and an overview of
- 11 bouldering areas
- 68 cliff topos
- 8 approach maps
- Full route descriptions in an easy-to-read format
- Over 50 full-color photos
- 318 pages, 5.5" x 8.5"
- Printed on high-quality, 70#, paper
- Printed in the USA!